Australia is in the midst of a laser therapy boom as new studies continue to show that low-level laser therapy — or LLLT — may be an effective treatment option for many types of arthritis, overuse injuries and physiotherapy rehabilitation.
Low level laser therapy in Australia is a non-invasive and drug-free treatment that uses red and near-infrared light to stimulate the body’s healing processes. LLLT stimulates the body’s healing process. The light is absorbed by cells and tissue, promoting physiological changes such as:
- Increased circulation to stimulate cell growth and reduce inflammation
- Increased oxygenation at the cellular level
- Improved oxygenation of tissues during the exercise recovery period
- Accelerated wound healing due to increased collagen production in the skin
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is an exciting new treatment.
Low Level Laser Therapy in Australia is a light therapy that uses low-energy lasers to stimulate the body’s cells. This way, it can help treat several conditions, including inflammation, chronic pain and even wound healing. LLLT has been used for years by dermatologists, plastic surgeons and other medical practitioners to treat skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis. This growing trend is reflected in the Australian healthcare industry. As many people turn to alternative therapies, low-level laser therapy is becoming more popular and relevant in the healthcare market.
The results are promising – studies show that LLLT can effectively relieve pain associated with osteoarthritis, lower back pain and fibromyalgia, among others.
LLLT can help with many conditions
LLLT is an effective, non-invasive treatment that can help you manage the symptoms of many different conditions. LLLT offers relief from:
- Swelling reduction
- Tendonitis, arthritis and tendon healing (including plantar fasciitis)
- Muscle recovery post-surgery or injury
- Joint pain and osteoarthritis
- Nerve pain and sciatica
- Bursitis in shoulders and knees
The process of LLLT
A key concept to understand is that LLLT is non-thermal, meaning it doesn’t have the same effect on cells as heat or radiation. Rather than burning and killing off your skin, the lasers used in this process are absorbed by your body’s cells.
The light triggers a reaction in those cells, producing chemicals that promote healing. These reactions’ new tissue layer fills open wounds and scars, reducing pain and inflammation.
The FDA has approved LLLT for treating injured tendons, ligaments and muscles; it can also help treat many other types of injuries, such as arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
How does it work?
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive, safe, and effective treatment that stimulates the body’s healing processes. The low-level laser light is absorbed by cells in the target area, where it stimulates mitochondria to produce ATP, which is the energy source of all living cells.
Low-level laser therapy is a safe therapy method that doctors have used for years.
Low-level laser therapy is a safe and effective therapy method that doctors have used for years. LLLT has been shown to help with a variety of conditions, including:
- Pain management – When applied to the skin, LLLT can reduce pain symptoms while improving healing by accelerating collagen production and other cellular proteins.
- Wound healing – The increased metabolism caused by low-level laser therapy allows wounds to heal faster and more completely.
- Hair growth – Low-level lasers have been shown to increase circulation in the scalp, which encourages hair growth when applied as part of a treatment program with other hair growth products such as Rogaine or minoxidil.
Low-level laser therapy is a safe therapy method that doctors have used for years. The lasers used for this treatment are non-invasive and painless, so there is no need to worry about any side effects from using them. If you are dealing with any type of pain or discomfort in your body, then LLLT may be able to help you out. Contact us today for more information on how we can treat your condition.