In the summer, keeping your pool looking great and safe is a lot of work! The good news is that you don’t have to do all the work yourself. By simply purchasing a retractable pool cover, you can easily enjoy your pool throughout the entire season from the comfort of your own home.
Why You Should Install A Retractable Pool Cover?
Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of your pool, but there’s one thing you need to keep in mind: a retractable pool cover. A pool cover can keep your pool safe from the sun and bugs, and it can also help to keep your pool clean. Here are four reasons why you should install a cover this summer:
1. Keep Your Pool Clean: A cover can help to keep your pool clean, especially during hot weather when bugs are more likely to be attracted to the water. This is especially important if you have children who are often tempted to splash around in the pool.
2. Protect Your Pool From The Sun: A cover can help to protect your pool from the sun and heat, which can damage your pool’s liner and equipment. In addition, a cover can reduce the amount of chlorine that needs to be used, saving you money on chemicals.
3. Keep Your Pool Safe From Lightning Strikes: A cover can also protect your pool from lightning strikes, which could damage your pool’s equipment and cause serious injuries.
How to Install a Retractable Pool Cover?
Pool safety is always a top priority for homeowners, and one way to make sure your pool is protected from the sun and weather this summer is by installing a retractable pool cover. Here are a few tips on how to install a retractable pool cover:
1. Get the right size pool cover. The size of your pool cover will determine how much space you need to open the cover. Consider the dimensions of the area where the cover will be stored and measure that against the opening on the pool cover. Check out our selection of covers in different sizes and colors to find the perfect one for your pool.
2. Select a safe location for storing the cover. Make sure you select a safe, dry location where you can store your pool cover when not in use. A garage or outdoor shed are good options, but make sure there’s enough room underneath to fit your pool pump and other equipment.
3. Set up your system. To install your retractable pool cover, you’ll first need to set up your system. This includes attaching the railings around the edge of your pool, as well as installing your pump and filter (if necessary). Make sure to read our instructions
How Often to Check Your Pool Cover?
How often should you check your pool cover to ensure it is in good condition? This question can be difficult to answer as there is no set rule. However, it is generally recommended that you check your cover at least once a week during summer. This will help to ensure that the cover is protecting your pool from the debris and other materials that may fall into it. Additionally, if there are any holes or tears in the cover, this will allow water and debris to get inside the pool.
Risks and Costs of an Irregular Cover
A retractable pool cover is an excellent way to protect your pool from summer weather dangers while still allowing you to use the pool. A retractable pool cover costs money, but it is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Here are some of the risks and costs of using a retractable pool cover. The first and most obvious risk of using a retractable pool cover is that it can malfunction. If the cover becomes tangled or caught on something, it can be difficult or impossible to operate. This can result in your pool being unprotected from wind and rain. In addition, if the cover becomes damaged, it may not properly protect your pool from sunlight or other elements. The second major risk of using a retractable pool cover is that it will cost money. A good quality retractable pool cover will typically last between six and twelve months, but it will need to be replaced at least once during that time. This means that you will be spending an average of $80 per year on covers.